Several issues that arise during the process of Divorce:
- Alimony- Based on need, ability to pay, and standard of living during the marriage. Several factors are assessed when determining if someone should receive or pay alimony.
- Child Support- based on the parties combined net income and obligation as determined by the State of Florida.
- Time-sharing issues with the children- based on the child’s best interest.
- Division of assets- based on equitable distribution and the determination of which assets are marital and non-marital.
Hiring an attorney to assist and deal with these issues during your divorce provides you with reassurance that you will receive all that you are entitled to. Having an attorney negotiate these issues can also save you money and time and avoid the necessity of a trial.
Should you and your spouse not be able to reach a fair agreement then Attorney Alvarez is prepared to zealously advocate for you.
Modifications of Child Support, Alimony or Time Sharing:
Modification of an original action requires a substantial and material change in circumstances since the final judgment.
Modification actions may depend on the following factors:
- If the party awarded alimony has entered into a significant relationship.
- Change in income
- Criminal history